New Decision Support Tool Reduces Sepsis Mortality by 22.9%
by HealthLeaders Media, July 10, 2019
The computer-based decision support tool is called Sepsis Prediction and Optimization of Therapy (SPOT), and it can detect sepsis 18 hours earlier than the best clinicians.
Have Readmissions Penalties Jumped the Shark?
by HealthLeaders Media, July 8, 2019
A new study in Health Affairs finds that 30-day hospital readmissions for hip and knee replacements began to decline rapidly when the federal government announced that it would penalize hospitals for certain readmissions.
Mold Found in Seattle Hospital ORs Leads to 1 Death, 5 Infections
by PSQH, July 3, 2019
Seattle Children’s says the ORs have been infested by mold at different points in the past year, possibly due to problems with the ORs’ air handling and purification systems.
Hone Nurse Listening Skills for Better Patient Experience
by HealthLeaders Media, July 2, 2019
To improve nurses’ listening skills and create a better patient experience, nuances regarding listening must be understood.
NQF Calls for Quality Improvement in Emergency Care
by PSQH, June 28, 2019
The group’s evidence-based recommendations are designed to provide healthcare organizations with standardized methods of measuring, evaluating, and improving emergency care and patient outcomes.
Webinar Wednesday 07/24/2019Nurse Manager Resiliency: Why It Matters and How to Cultivate It
Industry Saturday 09/14/2019AHIMA19: Health Data and Information Conference
Industry Monday 09/16/2019NAHQ Next
Bootcamp Monday 10/21/2019Accreditation Specialist Boot Camp
- Disposal of Sharps: Can You Leave Them in the Bin for Central Accumulation?
- FDA Addresses Device Safety Process, But Will It Be Enough?
- Medicaid-Covered C-sections Pose Higher Risk of Infection
- How Can We Better Protect Hospital Workers From Hazardous Drugs?
- Using High Harm Debriefs to Improve Event Reporting
- Eliminating the ‘Weekend Effect’ Will Improve Maternal Outcomes
- Companies Work to Help Combat IV Infiltrations
- Case Study: Automating Sepsis Alerts at Harborview Medical Center
- Longer, Better-Quality Patient Interaction? Yes, Please!
- Report: What Your Organization Must Do to Achieve Transformational Change