APIC Honors Members With Service Awards
by PSQH, June 12, 2019
The APIC conference aims to provide infection preventionists, physicians, researchers, epidemiologists, educators, administrators, and medical technologists with strategies that can be implemented immediately to improve prevention programs and make healthcare safer.
Medical Errors: How Healthcare Providers Can Address Long-Term Harm
by HealthLeaders Media, June 12, 2019
Estimates of annual patient deaths due to medical errors have since risen steadily to 440,000 lives, which would make medical errors the country’s third-leading cause of death.
Incivility in Operating Rooms Associated with Diminished Clinical Performance
by HealthLeaders Media, June 10, 2019
The recent research published in BMJ Quality & Safety exposed anesthesiology residents to an impatient surgeon-actor in a simulated OR hemorrhage scenario.
Antibiotics Delay in Treatment of ER Sepsis Patients Linked to Increased Mortality
by HealthLeaders Media, June 7, 2019
The recent research published in CHEST associated each additional hour from emergency room arrival to antibiotic administration to 10% increased odds of 1-year mortality.
The State of the Emergency Nurse Workforce
by HealthLeaders Media, June 6, 2019
The new study took a comprehensive and detailed look at the characteristics of emergency, trauma, and transport nurses and the challenges they face.
Webinar Tuesday 06/25/2019Breaking New Ground: EPA’s New Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals Rule
Webinar Thursday 06/27/2019Patient Handoffs: Stop Errors and Improve Compliance
Industry Sunday 07/14/2019The 56th ASHE Annual Conference & Technical Exhibition
Webinar Wednesday 07/24/2019Nurse Manager Resiliency: Why It Matters and How to Cultivate It
Industry Sunday 10/13/2019ASHRM 2019 Annual Conference
- Report: What Your Organization Must Do to Achieve Transformational Change
- Primary Care Report Highlights Liability Risk From Treatment, Med Errors
- Info Exchange Helps Prepare and Guide Hospitals for Taxing Patient Surges
- What Is the Role of AI in Medicine?
- CDC: Declines in Staph and MRSA Have Slowed
- Joint Commission Issues De-escalation Guidebook for Healthcare Facilities and Workers
- Risk-Adjusted Models for Measuring Hospital Quality of Care
- Language Access: Meeting Patient Needs While Increasing Compliance and Improving Outcomes
- CDC Opioid Prescribing Guidelines Clarified
- Your Nurses Can Fix Your Hospital