Joint Commission Proposes Standard to Tackle Hospital Impact on Climate Change
by Accreditation Insider, March 23, 2023
Hospitals may soon have to measure energy use, fleet vehicle gas consumption, solid waste disposal, and other measures under proposed climate change standards by The Joint Commission (TJC), which puts responsibility not only on leadership but also “clinical and facility representatives.
CDC: Healthcare Facilities Threatened by Growing Antimicrobial Fungus Threat
by Accreditation Insider, March 21, 2023
Clinical cases of C. auris have increased every year since it was first reported in 2016, with a total of 3,270 clinical cases and 7,413 screening cases (where the fungus is detected but not causing infection) reported through December 31, 2021. And during 2019-2021, 17 states identified their first C. auris case ever.
Addressing Maternal Mortality Through Cardiovascular Care
by HealthLeaders Media, March 20, 2023
Addressing cardiovascular disease during pregnancy is crucial to reducing maternal mortality, says Rachel Bond, MD, system director of women’s heart health at CommonSpirit. “Cardiovascular death, which is the leading cause of death during pregnancy, is preventable 80% of the time. A lot of that has to do with us communicating with each other and diagnosing these conditions early.”
Nurse Practitioner Role Named ‘Best Job That Helps People’
by HealthLeaders Media, March 17, 2023
The annual rankings noted that these jobs “enhance people’s well-being and help them accomplish their personal goals, big or small.” The publication had previously ranked the NP profession first on its “2023 Best Health Care Jobs” list, second on its “100 Best Jobs of 2023” list, and second on its “2023 Best STEM Jobs” list.
Patient Safety Awareness Week Resources
by PSQH, March 16, 2023
Patient Safety Awareness Week (PSAW) is coming to a close, but the focus on patient safety and healthcare quality will continue on as always. Thanks to all the dedicated professionals who work in healthcare organizations to provide top-notch care. We highlighted some of these efforts this week and will continue to do so.
Industry Tuesday 04/11/2023SHEA Spring 2023 Conference
Industry Monday 05/22/2023IHI Patient Safety Congress 2023
- When It Comes to Patient Safety, ‘Good Enough’ Is Simply Not
- Bringing State-of-the-Art Technology to Critical Care Education
- 5D Technology Offers Innovative Approach to Evaluate the Fetal Heart
- How Virtual Monitoring Technology Improves Patient Safety
- Addressing Preventable Deaths in Maternal Care
- New CMS CPT Codes Put Emphasis on Remote Therapeutic Monitoring
- Technology and Automation to Help Prevent Staff Burnout
- Engineering With Empathy: Medtech’s Missing Piece in the OR
- Delivering Better Care in a More Cost-Effective Way With Point-of-Care Ultrasound
- A Four-Step Guide to EHR System Implementation