Why Better Discharge Communication Between Acute-Care and SNF Nurses is Crucial
by HealthLeaders Media, February 2, 2023
Systems to improve nurse-to-nurse communication in different handoffs, such as during shift change and unit transfer, are effective in acute-care settings, but efforts to improve communication during the nurse-to-nurse handoff from hospital to SNF have not been widely implemented, according to the study by Wayne State University.
It’s Official: COVID-19 Public Health Emergency to End on May 11
by Accreditation Insider, January 31, 2023
As promised, the White House is giving ample notice—the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) will end on May 11. In a statement January 30, the White House said it would end the PHE, which has allowed hospitals and other providers a number of compliance and other waivers to help ease the burden on healthcare.
Hospital EDs Are Taking a Proactive Approach to Violence
by HealthLeaders Media, January 31, 2023
At Sturdy Memorial Hospital in Attleboro, Massachusetts, administrators are tapping into the electronic health record platform to identify ED patients with a history of threatening behavior, which pushes out alerts to the care team. Those alerts not only give providers advance warning, but can help them call in behavioral healthcare specialists to help those patients.
Battling Burnout: ANA Arms Nurses With an Effective Weapon
by HealthLeaders Media, January 27, 2023
A prevention program that reduced burnout in more than 52% of pilot program participants is now available as a permanent benefit to the entire American Nurses Association (ANA) membership.
PSQH: The Podcast Episode 71 – Using Technology to Prevent Patient Falls
by PSQH, January 27, 2023
On episode 71 of PSQH: The Podcast, Rosemary Kennedy, Chief Health Informatics Officer, Connect America, talks about how technology can help prevent patient falls.
Industry Thursday 02/16/2023International Conference on Patient Safety in Healthcare
Industry Tuesday 04/11/2023SHEA Spring 2023 Conference
- Overcoming Social Determinants of Health to Improve Medication Adherence
- The Value of Personalized Education on Pregnancy Risks
- 2023 and Beyond: Where Technology in Healthcare Is Headed
- High Reliability: What Healthcare Can Take From Aviation
- Bringing Prescribing and Fulfillment of Specialty Medications Into the 21st Century
- Three Ways to Ensure Healthcare Technology Design Focuses on the End User
- Integrated Healthcare: Making Behavioral Medicine Part of the Total Picture
- A Broader Look at Pain Management: Use Four-Legged Approach for Patients With Chronic Pain
- Use Quick Wins to Speed Your Healthcare Digital Transformation
- Healthcare 2023: A Pressing Need to Move From Reactive to Proactive
Most Read Articles
- It’s Official: COVID-19 Public Health Emergency to End on May 11
- Hospital EDs Are Taking a Proactive Approach to Violence
- Battling Burnout: ANA Arms Nurses With an Effective Weapon
- Upcoming: Addressing Workplace Conflict: A Fireside Chat
- PSQH: The Podcast Episode 71 – Using Technology to Prevent Patient Falls
- Why Better Discharge Communication Between Acute-Care and SNF Nurses is Crucial