IHI Looks to Expand ‘Age-Friendly’ Health Systems
by HealthLeaders Media, December 10, 2019
The initiative, Age-Friendly Health Systems, uses evidence-based framework called the 4Ms: what matters to older adults; medication that is age friendly; attending to mentation, including delirium, depression, and dementia; and mobility, so seniors can maintain function.
Medical Malpractice Rate Dropped Over 10-Year Period
by PSQH, December 6, 2019
When looking at the number of defendants per 100 physicians, the steepest decline was in OB-GYN claims with a 44% drop over 10 years. The drop is possibly attributable to focused safety efforts in labor & delivery over the last 15 years, but more research is needed.
Hospital Splits This Payroll Expense 50/50 With Local Payer to Curb ER Overuse
by HealthLeaders Media, December 6, 2019
Rather than shouldering the full cost of employing a full-time ED social worker, the hospital partnered with local insurer South Country Health Alliance. They struck a deal and signed a contract agreeing to split the personnel expense 50/50, beginning in 2012.
Hospitals Need to Brace for Upward Trend in Malpractice Claims
by HealthLeaders Media, December 4, 2019
Over the past two decades, the medical professional liability insurance marketplace has been hardening in response to higher paid claims. The evolving market is putting upward pressure on premiums and downward pressure on insurance industry capacity.
Report: Antibiotic Resistance More Prevalent in Device-Associated Infections
by PSQH, November 26, 2019
The report compiled data from more than 5,600 facilities from 2015 to 2017 and found that resistance was consistently higher for device-associated healthcare-acquired infections than for the same bacteria identified after surgical procedures. The devices studied were those used for a limited time in a hospital setting such as central lines, ventilators, and urinary catheters.
BootcampAccreditation Specialist Boot Camp
Industry Sunday 12/08/2019IHI National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care
Industry Thursday 03/26/2020The 6th Decennial Conference on Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Enterprise Analytics: Data, Insight, Process Change, Repeat
- Virtual Reality Could Improve Surgical Safety
- The Relationship Between Supply Chain and the Frontline Clinician
- Published Review of Independent Double Checks Shouldn’t Dissuade Providers From Using Them Judiciously
- Industry Focus: Evaluating Sources of Patient Experience Data
- Educating Consumers About Genetic Testing
- Using Digital Dashboards to Reduce Wait Times
- It’s Time for Healthcare Organizations to Take Ownership of Burnout
- Creating a Culture That Puts an End to Sexual Harassment in Healthcare
- Predicting Flu Season Remains Difficult, but Get Ready for a Doozy