How to Keep Your Nurse Governance System Effective and Dynamic
by HealthLeaders Media, August 2, 2021
In 2017, a redesigned governance structure rolled out, featuring an inclusive approach, rather than the previous leadership-driven, top-down model, and requiring active engagement of clinical nursing staff in shared decision-making. UVMMC’s new structure was designed to offer nurses more autonomy than ever before.
AIHA Voices Concerns About COVID-19 ETS
by EHS Daily Advisor, July 30, 2021
AIHA argued the ETS does not recognize that all healthcare workers are at risk of inhalation exposure given the strong possibility for pre- or asymptomatic transmission in healthcare settings. OSHA should consider the likelihood of aerosol inhalation, as well as droplet transmission of SARS-CoV-2, in its rulemaking, according to the group.
Physician Group Capitalizing on Care Coordination and Patient Outreach
by HealthLeaders Media, July 28, 2021
Kingsport, Tennessee–based Holston Medical Group has developed a robust care coordination and patient outreach program combined with data analytics to target individual patients. The physician group operates 50 clinics in eastern Tennessee and southwestern Virginia.
How Predictive Analytics in Nurse Staffing Saves One Hospital $1M Each Year
by HealthLeaders Media, July 27, 2021
After wrestling with staffing issues that placed too many nurses on a unit one hour and too few the next, Tower Health took a deep dive into staffing and workforce optimization using predictive algorithms and surfaced with major cost savings, a more efficient staffing plan, and greater nurse job satisfaction.
Healthcare Leaders Identify Top Digital Transformation Priorities
by HealthLeaders Media, July 26, 2021
Research by digital health company Lumeon identified top digital transformation priorities, as picked by C‑suite leaders at U.S. hospitals. The list includes short- and long-term goals to make care more positive and efficient. The report reveals that as the U.S. emerges from the pandemic, and hospitals’ key aims continue to be increasing patient volumes and revenue, digital transformation will continue to be ever more important in achieving those aims.
Industry Monday 09/20/2021Patient Experience Symposium 2021
Industry Monday 09/20/2021AHIMA21: Health Data and Information Conference (virtual)
Bootcamp Monday 09/20/2021Accreditation Specialist Boot Camp
- Analytics and Hospital Pharmacies: Building a Successful Program
- Focusing on Adverse Drug Events Is Still Crucial During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Why Pandemic-Initiated Safety Protocols Are Here to Stay
- Improving Pregnancy Health: How We Can Predict Challenges Sooner
- Medication Non-Adherence: Solving an Eternal Challenge
- Supporting the At-Home Care Team
- What’s Ahead for Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- AORN Updates Skin Antisepsis Guidelines: What This Means for Organizations
- Stroke Benchmarks During COVID: HFAP Releases Latest Report
- Making Smart IV Pumps Smarter: Steps to Increase IV Infusion Safety