Situational Awareness is an Important Part of High Reliability
by Hospital Safety News, March 16, 2018
High-reliability industries and organizations are very familiar with the term situational awareness (SA). SA is a foundational concept, and its importance in operational decision-making at the front line is recognized and categorically supported by leadership. In healthcare, save for pockets of very safe and reliable care delivery, this is generally not the case.
Diagnostic Errors, Opioid Safety, Care Coordination Top ECRI List of 2018 Patient Safety Concerns
by PSQH, March 14, 2018
Diagnostic errors are the top patient safety issue of the moment, according to ECRI Institute’s latest ranking of top 10 patient safety concerns for healthcare organizations.
Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award Recipients Honored
by PSQH, March 14, 2018
Launched in 2002, the patient safety awards program has highlighted achievement in patient safety and quality in the name of the late John M. Eisenberg, MD, MBA, former administration of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Congress Voices Concern Over CMS Oversight of AOs
by PSQH, March 13, 2018
The House Energy and Commerce committee is launching an investigation into hospital patient safety.
Share Your Thoughts on Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
by PSQH, March 12, 2018
We are pleased to invite you to participate in a brief survey that examines patient safety and quality improvement. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey by clicking on the link below. Your confidential answers will be reported in aggregate and not tied directly to you or your organization.
Industry Monday 03/12/2018Patient Safety Certificate Program
Webinar Thursday 03/22/2018How Vanderbilt University Medical Center Established a Hand Hygiene Program
Industry Monday 03/26/20182017 Congress on Healthcare Leadership
Bootcamp Monday 04/09/2018Accreditation Specialist Boot Camp
Webinar Tuesday 05/22/2018Healthcare and Law Enforcement: Working Together Instead of Against Each Other
- Case Study: Five Steps from Sentara Health for Room Cleaning
- Not Tolerated: Sexual Harassment in Healthcare
- Drug Shortages Continue to Compromise Patient Care
- Expanding a Telehealth Program to Serve More Patients
- Ransomware and Reprocessing Lead the ECRI List of Top Tech Hazards
- More Than Manners: Involving Patients and Representatives in Care Decisions
- Removing Barriers in Order to Achieve Your Population Health Goals
- Navigating The Laws And Benefits of Telemedicine
- Discharge Disaster? Shoeless Patient Abandoned Out In The Cold and Dark
- EMRs: Are We There Yet?