Patients Face Significant Risk of Respiratory Illness Infection in Primary Care Offices
by HealthLeaders Media, August 4, 2021
The potential for the spread of respiratory illness in healthcare settings has been a primary concern during the coronavirus pandemic. To address this concern, many outpatient clinics closed their doors in the early phase of the pandemic and telehealth expanded tremendously to keep patients and their clinicians safely connected for care.
AHA Asks CMS to Keep Some 1135 Waivers to Help Hospitals Regain Footing
by Accreditation Insider, August 3, 2021
In a letter to CMS Administrator Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, AHA asked that flexibilities such as the use of telehealth, hospital-at-home programs, and the easing of certain licensure requirements for out-of-state providers and nurse practitioners be continued.
How to Keep Your Nurse Governance System Effective and Dynamic
by HealthLeaders Media, August 2, 2021
In 2017, a redesigned governance structure rolled out, featuring an inclusive approach, rather than the previous leadership-driven, top-down model, and requiring active engagement of clinical nursing staff in shared decision-making. UVMMC’s new structure was designed to offer nurses more autonomy than ever before.
AIHA Voices Concerns About COVID-19 ETS
by EHS Daily Advisor, July 30, 2021
AIHA argued the ETS does not recognize that all healthcare workers are at risk of inhalation exposure given the strong possibility for pre- or asymptomatic transmission in healthcare settings. OSHA should consider the likelihood of aerosol inhalation, as well as droplet transmission of SARS-CoV-2, in its rulemaking, according to the group.
Physician Group Capitalizing on Care Coordination and Patient Outreach
by HealthLeaders Media, July 28, 2021
Kingsport, Tennessee–based Holston Medical Group has developed a robust care coordination and patient outreach program combined with data analytics to target individual patients. The physician group operates 50 clinics in eastern Tennessee and southwestern Virginia.
Industry Monday 09/20/2021Patient Experience Symposium 2021
Industry Monday 09/20/2021AHIMA21: Health Data and Information Conference (virtual)
Bootcamp Monday 09/20/2021Accreditation Specialist Boot Camp
- Analytics and Hospital Pharmacies: Building a Successful Program
- Focusing on Adverse Drug Events Is Still Crucial During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Why Pandemic-Initiated Safety Protocols Are Here to Stay
- Improving Pregnancy Health: How We Can Predict Challenges Sooner
- Medication Non-Adherence: Solving an Eternal Challenge
- Supporting the At-Home Care Team
- What’s Ahead for Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- AORN Updates Skin Antisepsis Guidelines: What This Means for Organizations
- Stroke Benchmarks During COVID: HFAP Releases Latest Report
- Making Smart IV Pumps Smarter: Steps to Increase IV Infusion Safety