Nurses’ Union Supports Legislation to Prevent Workplace Violence
by HealthLeaders Media, December 18, 2018
The bill would mandate that OSHA establish a national standard requiring healthcare and social service employers to create and implement a comprehensive workplace violence prevention plan.
Final Hazardous Waste Pharmaceutical Rule Issued by EPA
by PSQH, December 14, 2018
Three years after it was proposed, the final rule, now entitled “Management Standards for Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals and Amendment to the P0875 Listing for Nicotine” will likely be published in the Federal Register by the end of this month and go into effect six months after its publication in the Register.
SHEA Issues Infection Control Guidance for Anesthesiology
by PSQH, December 11, 2018
Published in SHEA’s journal Infection Control & Healthcare Epidemiology, the guidance provides steps for improving infection prevention using increased hand hygiene, environmental disinfection, and continuous improvement plans.
IHI Releases Framework for Board Governance of Health System Quality
by PSQH, December 10, 2018
The framework and tool are designed to help the approximately 80,000 health system trustees in the U.S. navigate the complex world of overseeing quality.
Joint Commission Revises Suicide Prevention National Patient Safety Goal
by PSQH, December 6, 2018
The revised requirements are based on more than a year of research, public field review, and analysis with multiple panels convened by TJC and representing provider organizations, suicide prevention experts, behavioral facility design experts, and other key stakeholders.
Bootcamp Monday 12/03/2018Accreditation Specialist Boot Camp
Webinar Wednesday 12/19/2018Build Nurse Engagement Through Coaching and Mentoring
Industry Friday 01/18/20197th Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit
Industry Wednesday 01/30/20192019 Virginia Patient Safety Summit
- Using Patient Engagement to Reduce Diagnostic Errors
- Brace Yourself, Winter is Coming
- A Novel Approach to Hospital Efficiency
- Call to Action: Long-Standing Strategies to Prevent Accidental Daily Methotrexate Dosing Must Be Implemented
- Guided Reflection: A Strategy to Reduce Patient Falls and Fall-Related Injuries
- Could Legally Mandated Racial Bias Training Reduce Maternal Mortality Rates for Black Women?
- Report Finds Radiologists to Blame for Missed Diagnoses
- A Health IT Soothsayer
- Who Is the Patient Advocate?
- Review Policies, Environment as Assaults Against ER Staff Rise