Submission Period closed.
Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare (PSQH) is seeking to spotlight the best healthcare quality innovation case studies. By imparting their in-the-trenches experiences and lessons learned, the chosen case studies will shed light on an issue, practice, or principle that affects stakeholders across the modern medical staff landscape.
Whether you’re a seasoned educator in search of a broader platform to share your expertise or a yet-to-present professional with big ideas, read on for the ultimate opportunity. Then, click here to apply.
Embrace the Spotlight
The 2022 PSQH Contest Committee will select a winning case study to feature in an upcoming issue along with several honorable mentions. If your case study is selected, you’ll not only get the opportunity to bolster your professional portfolio, highlight your organization’s top-notch processes, and lead an important industry conversation, you’ll also provide your peers with inspiration and the impetus to improve their own processes.
Winner will receive:
- Press coverage on PSQH website and eNewsletter
- Press release distribution
- Social mentions
- Physical award to display at your facility
- Mention during Patient Safety Awareness Week
- Callout at Patient Safety NOW Online Summit
Application Requirements and Selection Criteria
Any professional who is currently involved in patient safety or quality improvement is welcome to submit a case study application. The 2022 PSQH Contest Committee, in conjunction with the PSQH administrative team, will select one case study to highlight in an upcoming issue of PSQH.
The winning proposal will showcase a creative solution that the presenter(s) have helped implement at their organization. This change can have occurred at any time, as long as it reflects current industry standards and continues to benefit the organization.
The winning presentation will elegantly address the following subjects:
- A specific (and widely relatable) challenge or objective that sparked a meaningful change in a key patient safety or quality improvement process
- The steps that the involved parties took to conceive, develop, and implement their solution, including any hurdles they overcame along the way
- The short- and long-term effects of the solution
- The takeaways for the broader professional community
- Potential case study subjects include the following:
- Patient safety improvement
- Quality improvement
- Medication safety
- Infection control
- Reduction/elimination of “never events”
- Improving readmission rates
- Patient satisfaction
- Innovative approaches to addressing tricky regulations and accreditation standards
If you don’t see your hot topic listed here, don’t sweat it. Original ideas are welcome.
Use the following questions to guide your responses on the 2022 PSQH Innovation Awards Competition Application and, by extension, help the 2022 PSQH Contest Committee understand why your case study merits selection:
- What specific challenge or objective inspired action?
- What was the proposed solution, and what was the rationale for its implementation?
- Who was involved in development and execution, and what role did each participant play?
- What were the key steps in implementation?
- What were the important effects of the solution?
- Did the involved parties encounter any challenges in developing or implementing the solution? If so, how did they address those obstacles?
- Has the nature and/or impact of the solution evolved over time? For example, have involved parties reworked their initial vision or approach? Has the number of participants increased?
- What can the broader professional community take away from your experience? In other words, why should PSQH readers care about your journey?
- Do you have supporting materials that demonstrate your workflow changes and successes? While ancillary materials aren’t a required application component, they tremendously improve the Contest Committee’s ability to understand the merit of your proposed case study.
Application Submission and Review Process
To access the case study application, click here, or paste the following URL into your internet browser’s address bar: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YLYQGZC. We recommend that you paste your responses into the application fields from a Word document. The application period closes end of day on Friday, January 7, 2022.
|Nominate Your Organization|
The applicant whose proposed presentation has been selected will receive notice in February 2022 and be featured in an article and related activities during Patient Safety Awareness Week in March 2022. Applicants are welcome to submit more than one case study idea but must fill out a separate form for each proposal.
We look forward to hearing from you! If you’d like more information, please email PSQH Editor-in-Chief Jay Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Interested in Sponsoring?|