Iowa Health System Sees Benefits From Data-Driven Surgery
by HealthLeaders Media, May 25, 2023
UIH launched its “data-driven surgery” program in July 2021 in a partnership with Caresyntax, one of several digital health companies developing technology platforms to improve operational and clinical efficiency in different parts of the hospital. The hardware and software program taps into connected devices and platforms throughout the OR while capturing audio and video recordings of the procedure.
UPMC Closes Care Gaps With New Patient Discharge Process
by HealthLeaders Media, May 24, 2023
Recognizing the logjams that can occur when leaving the hospital, UPMC has launched a new patient discharge process that consolidates decision-making under one clinical care coordinator and creates a platform for data gathering.
How to Improve Emergency Department Efficiency
by HealthLeaders Media, May 23, 2023
An initiative launched in January has significantly improved efficiency at Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center’s emergency department.
PSQH: The Podcast Episode 79 – Data-Driven Recommendations to Improve Medication Safety
by PSQH, May 19, 2023
On episode 79 of PSQH: The Podcast, Susan Montminy, risk management director at Coverys, talks about how to reduce medication safety risks and improve patient safety.
Nursing Grant Could Be a ‘Total Game Changer’
by HealthLeaders Media, May 19, 2023
The IHP’s Nursing Expansion Grant is one of 25 totaling more than $78 million that the labor department recently awarded to nursing programs in 17 states to address critical staffing challenges and to strengthen and diversify the workforce.
Industry Monday 05/22/2023IHI Patient Safety Congress 2023
Industry Thursday 06/22/2023AAAHC Achieving Accreditation
- Focusing on Hand Hygiene to Prevent HAIs
- To Fix Medicare Spending, Prevent Fractures Among Aging Americans
- A National Patient Identifier Is Up for Debate. Patient Safety Is Not
- Patient Safety Concerns? Take a Look at Intake
- Empower Nurses to Reduce Medication Administration Risks
- How AI Can Leverage EHR for More Efficiency at the Bedside
- How to Facilitate Clinical Decision Support Software Adoption
- Preparing for the Shift to Care in the Home
- AI’s Role in Healthcare Cybersecurity
- The Leapfrog Group Launches ‘Innovators for Leapfrog’ Program