Probation, Not Jail Time, for Former Nurse RaDonda Vaught
by HealthLeaders Media, May 16, 2022
Under Tennessee’s sentencing guidelines, Vaught could have been ordered to serve three to six years in prison for neglect and one to two years for negligent homicide. Instead, Vaught received a diverted sentence, which means that if she successfully completes her probation, the charges will be expunged from the record.
National Nurses Week Resources From PSQH
by PSQH, May 13, 2022
As National Nurses Week wraps up, we want to salute the valuable and courageous work done by nurses at all levels of care. We highlighted the efforts of nurses this week and will continue to do so.
Leapfrog Group: 33% of U.S. Hospitals Earn “A” Grade for Patient Safety
by HealthLeaders Media, May 12, 2022
The Leapfrog Group released its latest grades for hospital patient safety. The analysis utilizes more than 30 measures, including the PSI 90 Patient Safety and Adverse Events composite, which features 10 component measures. The Leapfrog Group was founded in 2000 by large employers and other purchasers of healthcare. The nonprofit group publishes reports on hospital patient safety in the fall and the spring.
PSQH Quick Poll 2022: Taking the Pulse of Nursing’s Impact on Patient Safety
by PSQH, May 11, 2022
As part of National Nurses Week, PSQH reached out to our readers with a few questions about how nursing impacts patient safety and healthcare quality. The Quick Poll had a total of 212 respondents.
PSQH: The Podcast Episode 53 – Making Sense of the Vaught Verdict
by PSQH, May 10, 2022
On episode 53 of PSQH: The Podcast, Crystal Glover, education consultant and professional development practitioner at Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, talks about how nurses are reacting to the RaDonda Vaught verdict and what it will mean for nursing in the future. This episode is presented by Capella University as part of National Nurses Week.
Industry Monday 05/16/2022IHI Patient Safety Congress 2022 (in-person and online)
Industry Monday 09/12/2022NAHQ Next (virtual)
- The Impact of Cost on Medication Adherence
- Using AI to Address the Burden of Documentation
- Establishing a Framework for Gold-Standard Longitudinal Care
- Data Analytics: Maximizing Its Power by Focusing on Simplicity
- How COVID Impacted At-Home Care and Monitoring
- Pioneering New CVIS Combines Unification of Reporting and Automated Update of Clinical Guidelines
- Using Patient Acuity to Inform Care Placement
- Six Strategies to Strengthen Post-COVID Infection Prevention
- Teaming Up to Improve Interpersonal Communication in Healthcare
- Hand Hygiene: What to Consider When Increasing Compliance
Most Read Articles
- PSQH Quick Poll 2022: Taking the Pulse of Nursing’s Impact on Patient Safety
- National Nurses Week Resources From PSQH
- Leapfrog Group: 33% of U.S. Hospitals Earn “A” Grade for Patient Safety
- PSQH: The Podcast Episode 53 – Making Sense of the Vaught Verdict
- Probation, Not Jail Time, for Former Nurse RaDonda Vaught