Program Date/Time: Thursday, September 29, at 1 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. CT
The average level of cleanliness in a healthcare facility is not easily quantified. Since the onset of COVID-19 a more stringent analysis of the cleaning outcomes has become necessary to provide a safe environment for patients, family members and healthcare staff alike.
- Discuss the impact on how COVID, and now monkeypox, have affected cleaning in the healthcare industry.
- Identify the difference between cleaning, sanitizing, disinfection and sterilization
- Five ways to assess the cleanliness of your facility
- Provide recommendations on simple improvements to increase the overall level of cleanliness
- Discuss the importance of training EVS staff and finding the “right place” for individuals based on cleaning assessments.
- List the characteristics of a performance improvement program in EVS.
- Describe the role of EVS in improving the HCAHPS scores and how that relates to HAI’s in various healthcare settings.