Program Date/Time: Thursday, Jan. 20, at 1 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. CT
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to overwhelm our healthcare systems and present a danger to healthcare workers. We will discuss the challenges presented by the COVID-19 variants and CDC guideline updates for infection prevention. We will review the status of OSHA Emergency Temporary (ETS) standard and the CMS vaccine mandates for healthcare. Recent court challenges to stay the vaccine mandate have been overturned and the current the timeline for vaccination enforcement is scheduled for January 10, 2022.
- Discuss the challenges presented by the COVID-19 variants
- Describe updates to the current CDC guidelines for infection prevention
- Review the status of the OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS)
- Identify next steps and challenges to the CMS vaccine mandates for healthcare
- List timelines for implementation and enforcement