By Melanie Blackman
NRC Health, a national consumer research corporation, announced the winners of its annual consumer loyalty and patient experience awards this week.
Each year, the organization conducts surveys and gathers data on net promoter scores (NPS) to pick the winners of the Consumer Loyalty Awards and the Excellence in Patient Experience Awards (formerly known as the Excellence Awards).
The Consumer Loyalty Award winners “are celebrated for achieving an extraordinarily high score on NRC Health’s Loyalty Index, a composite of seven different critical aspects of consumer loyalty,” NRC Health said. These critical aspects include receiving at least 150 Top of Mind mentions on NRC Health’s market insights survey, which was distributed from April 1, 2021, through March 31, 2022, to more than 300.000 consumers in over 300 markets across the country via an internet-based questionnaire.
The 2022 top “Best in Class” Consumer Loyalty Award winners are:
- California Hospital Medical Center, located in Los Angeles, California
- The Christ Hospital, located in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania, located in Philadelphia
- Mayo Clinic Hospital Florida, located in Jacksonville
- Mayo Clinic Hospital Rochester, Located in Rochester, Minnesota
- Morristown Medical Center, located in Morristown, New Jersey
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital, located in New York City
- Pennsylvania Hospital, located in Philadelphia
- University Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, located in Iowa City
- University of Utah Hospital, located in Salt Lake City
“Hospitals and health systems have experienced enormous strain these last two years, from competing against an increasing number of virtual care services to widespread staffing shortages and more,” Helen Hrdy, NRC Health’s chief growth officer, said in a statement. “Healthcare organizations have their work cut out for them as the industry continues to evolve post-pandemic, which makes the progress these winning institutions have made in not only building – but sustaining – consumer loyalty all the more commendable. Our hats off to the winners and keep up the great work.”
Additional winners, including the full list of the top 100 hospitals, can be found on NRC Health’s website.
The Excellence in Patient Experience Award winners “recognize[s] organizations for their commitment to enhancing care experiences for every patient,” NRC Health said.
Scores are based on the organization’s NPS scores collected from a patient survey.
The 2022 Excellence in Patient Experience Award winners are:
- Hawai’i Pacific Health (small health system)
- Lehigh Valley Health Network (medium health system)
- Mercy Health (large health system)
- Wabash General Hospital (small hospital)
- Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (medium hospital)
- Northwest Community Healthcare (large hospital)
- Scottish Rite for Children (pediatric)
- Tyron Medical Partners (medical group)
“In an ever-evolving and often challenging industry, we welcome the opportunity to honor those organizations that exemplify excellence in patient experience and fully embody our mission of bringing Human Understanding into healthcare,” Hrdy said. “The eight winning healthcare organizations continue to go above and beyond for their patients, and we’re proud to recognize their continued efforts to ensure quality, equitable access to care for everyone.”
Melanie Blackman is the strategy editor at HealthLeaders, an HCPro brand.