By A.J. Plunkett
But you still have to. Given that reality, CMS has put together a 12-page list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) to help.
The Quality, Safety & Oversight Group (QSO) memo QSO-21-07-Psych Hospital, PRTF & ICF/IID, “COVID-19 Infection Control for Psychiatric and Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICFs/IID),” was sent to CMS regional offices and state agencies on December 17, 2020.
According to the memo, the FAQs “are intended to provide guidance in the following areas:
- Promising practices, measurement, and mitigation strategies for infection control during the PHE
- Use of isolation, cohorting and PPE
- Intervention, mitigation, and training strategies
- Transition and discharge during the PHE
- Engaging family, caregiver, support personnel, and community resources
- Available local, State and Federal resource guides and web links”
The FAQs are divided into several sections, such as “Addressing Refusal or Reluctance to COVID-19 Modifications” and “Challenging Behaviors, and Seclusion and Restraint.”
There are also several links to other resources.
The memo can be found here: https://www.cms.gov/files/document/qso-21-07-psych-hospital-prtf-icf-iid.pdf